Do You Suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy?
Peripheral Neuropathy in Eatontown: Peripheral neuropathy affects between 10 and 20 million Americans. Peripheral neuropathy is a condition whereby the nerves in our body are damaged and are not working correctly. Peripheral is a term used for the most distal (the nerves in your body, aside from your spinal cord and brain, further down) nerves in our body including those in our feet or hands.
Common Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Numbness or burning pain
- A sensation of wearing a “glove” or “sock”
- Sharp, jabbing, shooting, or electric-like pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Difficulty sleeping because of feet and leg pain
- Loss of balance and coordination
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle cramping/twitching
- Difficulty walking or moving the arms
- Unusual sweating
- Abnormalities in blood pressure or pulse
Treating Peripheral Neuropathy in Eatontown, NJ
Treating peripheral neuropathy at Eatontown Elite Care Center will differ for each patient. Depending on the type and severity of your condition, Dr. Kovacs may prescribe one of several therapy options including but not limited to:
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Kovacs for a few months. I started treatment because I hurt my ankle at the gym and it was stopping me from working out. Dr. Kovacs was able to bring not only my ankle, but all of me into better health! I was able to return to my regular workout schedule. Not to mention, the staff at this office is FANTASTIC!